The name ‘Skylook’ is made up from the words Skype and Outlook (as in Microsoft Outlook). ‘Sky’ from Skype and ‘look’ from Outlook were fused together to make Skylook. Sometimes people mistakenly refer to the product as ‘Skylok’.
The name ‘Skylook’ is made up from the words Skype and Outlook (as in Microsoft Outlook). ‘Sky’ from Skype and ‘look’ from Outlook were fused together to make Skylook. Sometimes the product is mistakenly refer to as ‘Skypelok’.
Skype Credit allows you to:
- Call landline and mobile phones anywhere in the world (NOTE: Emergency numbers are not available).
- Send SMS messages to mobile phones.
You can buy Skype Credit here.
Read about how to set up Skype here if you don’t already have it. (Skype is a free download).
Skype Online Phone Number (so people can call your PC from normal phones).
Skype Voicemail (so people can leave you Voicemail when you’re not there).
More Skype phones, headsets and other gear, visit the Skype Hardware Store.
Skylook does for Skype what Outlook does for Email.
Outlook is great for tracking, organizing and archiving email – very important capabilities for modern businesses. Skylook extends Outlook so that those capabilities can be used for Skype calls and text chats, as well as emails.
Outlook is also great for keeping track of unactioned items. Skylook brings all unactioned Skype interactions (e.g. voice mail messages, missed instant messages) into the Outlook inbox, so that you can streamline your daily routine.
Download our 14 day Skylook trial to see for yourself.
15% discount for Skype Business Customers
Write down this coupon number and use it later when purchasing to receive a 15% discount from a single Skylook 2.0 license:
Need help using the coupon?
Skylook can do the following for your business:
Welcome OutlookWise readers.
Skylook is a powerful Skype integration into Microsoft Outlook that unifies your communication.
You’re about to download Skylook.
|First things first: to run Skylook you need a Windows PC running Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, XP, 2003 or 2007. (NOTE: Skylook is not compatible with Outlook Express).|
If you’re new to Skylook, or are upgrading to Skylook 2.0, you get to use all features for free for 14 days (except where Skype charges apply – e.g. to call standard phones or to send SMS messages). Follow the steps below and you should be up and running in a couple of minutes.
1. Enter your name and email address below then click “Download Skylook 2.0″. Click “Run” when prompted to commence installation.
2. Follow the instructions in the wizard. (If you have problems installing, click here).
3. After the installation wizard has completed, start Outlook. (Skylook does not have a separate start menu – it starts automatically when you run Outlook).
4. The Skylook licensing and startup wizards will be displayed. Follow the prompts to configure Skylook.
5. Follow these installation instructions to ensure that Skylook will properly connect to Skype.
Which version of Skype do you have installed?
Installation instructions for Skype version 3.8 or later.
a. When Skylook connects to Skype for the first time, a balloon will above your Windows system tray (as pictured below). Click on Click here to accept/deny.
b. This is a standard security dialog that Skype shows for all third party applications that use Skype. It is designed to stop unauthorised software accessing Skype. You must click one of the “Allow…” options in order for Skylook to operate. If you accidentally click OK before setting the option correctly, you can follow these instructions to allow Skylook to access Skype.
How to tell which version of Skype you have installed
a. Double click on the green Skype icon in your system tray, or open Skype if it isn’t already running. Click on the Skype Help Menu, and then click About (as pictured below):
7. On completion of the wizard, you will notice the Skylook toolbar underneath the standard Outlook toolbars.