Here is how you can talk to your Outlook contacts anywhere in the world for free, directly from your PC. (These steps assume you have Outlook installed – see Skylook prerequisites for details).
1. Follow these instructions to set up Skype if you don’t already use it.
2. If the person you want to talk to doesn’t already use Skype, have them follow the same instructions you followed above.
3. If you don’t already have Skylook, download and install it from here.
4. Start Outlook. If you are running Skylook for the first time, you will see the Skylook licensing wizard and the Skylook Welcome wizard. Follow the prompts to ensure you have Skylook set up the way you want.
5. You will notice that Outlook contains an additional toolbar:
This toolbar allows you to do a number of different things, including allowing you to talk to your Outlook contacts anywhere in the world for free using Skype.
6. Go to your contacts folder and select the contact you wish to talk to.
7. Click the “Skype Call” button on the toolbar.
8. This window is shown:
If the Skype Name shown is correct, click OK to commence the call. If the Skype Name is empty you are prompted to enter one. (Hint: click “Find Skype Contact” to search for the right Skype Name). If the Skype Name is incorrect, click “Change details” to alter the number.
9. The call will commence.
If you need help with any of the above, just email us at email@example.com for assistance.