Here is how you can send Skype Text Chat messages to your Outlook contacts, directly from the Outlook application. (The following instructions assume that you already have MS Office Outlook installed).
1. Download Skype if you don’t already have it. If you only plan to send text chat messages, the installation is very straightforward. (It’s a little more involved if you intend to do voice calls. Follow these instructions to set up Skype if you plan to use it for more than text chat messages).
2. If you don’t already have Skylook, download and install it from here.
3. Start Outlook. If you are running Skylook for the first time, you will see the Skylook licensing wizard and the Skylook Welcome wizard. Follow the prompts to ensure you have Skylook set up the way you want.
4. You will notice that Outlook contains an additional toolbar:
This toolbar allows you to do a number of different things, including sending Skype Text Chat to your Outlook contacts.
5. Go to your contacts folder and select the contact you wish to send a text chat message to.
6. Click the “Chat” button in the Skylook toolbar.
7. If the Outlook contact has a Skype Name configured, Skylook will display that name and ask you to confirm it (you also have the option to change it if it is incorrect). If there is no Skype Name configured, Skylook will prompt you to enter one (if you don’t know it, you can click the “Find Skype Contact” link). Click OK after confirming or entering the name.
8. The Skype Text Chat window will be displayed, to allow you to enter your message. Type your message then press the ENTER key.
If you have any problems or questions, we can help.