The following steps show you how to easily enter notes about calls, during and after each call, and automatically file the notes away along with the call audio for future reference. The notes are stored as a standard Outlook item (i.e. like an email), and the audio is captured as an MP3 file and attached to the item. (These steps assume you have Outlook installed – see Skylook prerequisites for details).
2. If you don’t already have Skylook, download and install it from here.
3. Start Outlook. If you are running Skylook for the first time, you will see the Skylook licensing wizard and the Skylook Welcome wizard. Follow the prompts to ensure you have Skylook set up the way you want.
5. The Skylook call window will appear at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen:
7. Enter a subject and some notes. (NOTE: you can close or minimize the window during the call without losing your notes, and without stopping call recording. To make the call window visible again, right-click the Skylook icon in the tray and choose the “Display Call Window” option).
8. Complete the call. The call window will stay open to allow you to enter some final notes.
9. The subject and the notes are automatically saved. Go to the “Skylook Conversations” folder in Outlook – there will be an item for your call, containing the attached recording along with the notes. To view your notes, click the new email inside your Skylook Conversations folder in Outlook:
10. Open the new email to see your notes:
11. When another call is made, the call window will change to reflect details of the newer call. However, you can go back and change the notes on the first call at any time by selecting the item in the “Skylook Conversations” folder then choosing “Tools > Edit Subject and Notes” from the Skylook toolbar.
If you have any problems getting this to work, we can help – just email us at email@example.com for assistance.